Wednesday, December 26, 2007

After Christmas and Bill Collectors

OK so Christmas is over. It's time to get on without the crazy busy schedule I have been keeping for the past 3 weeks. Its probably no wonder I had a headache this morning. It's all good, I feel better now.



I usually have this feeling of let down when a big Holiday is over. You know you spend countless hours preparing and getting ready. You bake (or burn and then buy at the store) you wrap, you shop, you wrap, you bake you clean and clean. Boy there are a lot of dishes this time of year. And then within just a few hours, the gifts are opened, the food eaten (and now you clean and wash more dishes) and its over. And then comes the let-down. No more presents (although in my case I just received another package) no more yummy goodies, no more parties (I am not big on New Year's anymore, mostly I just want to sleep -unless a loved one throws a party-then I am there-but it's boring to just be home-waiting for a ball to drop-seriously no big deal). Anyway I digress-its done. Now what? This year however I found myself looking forward to today. My schedule back in order, I can think on the things that really need to be done. I can watch an episode of "Little House on the Prairie" or read-ahhhh. I can take my time doing things, enjoy the kids. I can relax. It is a nice feeling for once to not feel rushed. I even have the week off from work. So at this time when I should be working I can actually blog.



So all that hype is over and life goes on. I actually even had time to do devotions with my son. Very nice. By the way I put him down for a nap and I can hear him by the bedroom door calling to me under the crack "hellooo? He-looooooooooo?" Nope Mr. It's nap time, mommy get's a break today!



So of course the holiday is over and the call comes. "Excuse me? Is this Julie?"

"Yes." I say with a sigh

"Ma'am, this is so and such we are calling about your bill with so and such."

"yes" I sigh once more

"This is a call to attempt to collect a debt, any info. blah blah blah-" I tune it out, then interrupt. "I have already made arrangements and sent in my first payment." "Well ma'am I know that but you sent $x.00 and we only take $xx.oo for a minimum" I say "well I can only send $x.00 and that's what you will get. If you want it I will send it if not then I will send nothing." a slight pause "Ok well I will notate it on your account" she hangs up.



I have learned from the best. My Hubby says that bill collectors will be mean and try to guilt you into making a payment of more than you can afford. So I have learned tell them what you can do leave no alternative and they most of the time will comply. They have to, see, she was trying to get me to make a larger payment then the company had agreed upon before, and I wasn't giving in. Once she realized that if the company wanted their money at all they would take what I would give, she left me alone. I don't think I could do that job. It would be hard for me to be mean to people or to convince them to give me money I can tell they don't have.

Well anyway, time to get going.

No comments: